Vol. 3 / No. 1 / Published : 2005-01
Original Article :
Marketing effort to minimize the count of “loss” prescriptions at the surabaya hajj general hospital pharmacy
Upaya pemasaran untuk memperkecil jumlah resep lolos di apotek rumah sakit umum haji surabaya
- Riyanto --> Rumah Sakit Umum Haji, Surabaya. Home : Jl.Jojoran Baru III DL No.16, Surabaya 60285, Indonesia
- R. Darmawan Setijanto --> Fakultas Kedokteran Gigi, Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya
The pharmacy of the Surabaya Hajj General Hospital (SHGH) is a revenue center for the hospital. The background of this research was the high count of "loss" prescriptions for general patients at SHGH polyclinic, accounting that the pharmacy should minimize the count of “loss” prescriptions (prescriptions purchased at outside SHGH pharmacy). The objective of this research is to perform a marketing effort to minimize the count of loss prescriptions at SHGH which ultimately culminates into revenue increasing contributions. This was a cross-sectional research conducted from July to August 2004. Data was collected from general patients of the polyclinic and those who were given prescriptions by physicians. Interviews was conducted to 110 respondents with questionnaire tools previously prepared. The research results showed that 50.9% of the respondents preferred generic drugs; 64.5% chose drugs that were of average quality at a low price; 51.8% chose services with cash payment systems and were willing to stand in a queue; 52.7% chose waiting rooms that were tranquil with complete facilities; 57.3% agreed that the admission and the release booth was to be separated; 63.6% were at the lower socialclass with an income of below Rp1,200,000.00; 44.5% chose pharmacies that were near to the physician and the polyclinic, 54.6% chose to purchase drugs at the pharmacy if the diagnoses were light, 74.5% did not agree that expensive drugs were more effective than cheap drugs and 54.6% agreed if there were to be a home delivery system for drugs. In pertaining to motivation, 90.9% of the respondents agreed that the drug inventory can influence the purchasing decision process, 51.8% agreed that the price influences the purchasing decision process and 67.3% agreed that comfortable waiting rooms influence the purchasing decision process. In pertaining to respondents perception 58.2% did not agree that drugs prescribed by physicians were more effective than traditional medication, 47.3% had perceptions of low prices of drugs at the pharmacy, 61.8% had the assumption that the services at the pharmacy was prompt, and 72.8% assessed that the waiting room at the pharmacy was clean and comfortable. It was concluded that respondents were more from the lower and middle social-class and they preferred generic drugs. Thus it was suggested to prescribe more generic drugs, to provide comfortable waiting rooms, to speed–up the pharmacy service, to improve the queuing system and to revise drug prices.
Daftar Pustaka :
- P. Kotler, (2000). Manajemen Pemasaran Edisi Milenium. Alih bahasa : Teguh H.. Jakarta : PT Prenhallindo
- P. Kotler, (1997). Dasar-dasar Pemasaran. Alih bahasa : Wasana J.. Jakarta : PT Prenhallindo
- P. Kotler, (2002). Manajemen Pemasaran. Ed 10. Jilid 1. Jakarta : PT Prenhallindo
- P. Kotler, (2002). Manajemen Pemasaran. Ed 10. Jilid 2. Jakarta : PT Prenhallindo
- P. Kotler, (2001). Prinsip-prinsip Pemasaran. Ed 8. Jilid 1. Jakarta : Penerbit Erlangga
- G. Amstrong, (2001). Prinsip-prinsip Pemasaran. Ed 8. Jilid 1. Jakarta : Penerbit Erlangga
- Rumah Sakit Umum Haji Surabaya, (2003). Evaluasi Hasil Kinerja Pelayanan RSU Haji Surabaya Tahun 2002. Surabaya : Rumah Sakit Umum Haji Surabaya
- Rumah Sakit Umum Haji Surabaya, (2004). Evaluasi Hasil Kinerja Pelayanan RSU Haji Surabaya Tahun 2003. Surabaya : Rumah Sakit Umum Haji Surabaya
- Stefanus Supriyanto, (2003). Manajemen Pemasaran. Surabaya : Program Pascasarjana, Universitas Airlangga
- Muhamad Zainuddin, (2000). Metodologi Penelitian. Surabaya : Program Pascasarjana, Universitas Airlangga
- V.A. Zeithaml, (2000). Services Marketing: Integrating Customer Focus Across the Firm. 2nd edition. New York : McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- M.J. Bitner, (2000). Services Marketing: Integrating Customer Focus Across the Firm. 2nd edition. New York : McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.